Quantum Information Technologies: Challenges and Applications
Mon October 30th, 2017 09:00 to Tue October 31st, 2017 17:00
The Networked Quantum Information Technologies Hub will be hosting a two-day workshop on "Quantum Information Technologies: Challenges and Applications" to be held on October 30-31st 2017 at the University of Edinburgh.
The workshop will broadly cover two themes. The first theme will be verification of quantum systems as applied to secure quantum information processing as well as the certification of quantum devices more generally. The second will be specific applications for quantum computing including recent progress regarding special purpose devices in areas such as quantum simulation and quantum machine learning.
Registration is free but essential! A more detailed announcement and programme will follow.
Where: Informatics Forum, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh: link
When: October 30th - 31st, 2017
Speakers (partial list):
- Ashley Montanaro (University of Bristol)
- Hans Briegel (University of Innsbruck)
- Stefano Pirandola (University of York)
- Animesh Datta (University of Warwick)
- Chris Williams* (University of Edinburgh)
- Alexander Streltsov (Freie Universität Berlin)
- Michael Gutmann (University of Edinburgh)
- Dominic Horsman (Durham)
To register, please send an email to Nathan Walk including your name, institution and dietary requirements.
Hope to see you there!
Download the programme here.